The arrival of artificial intelligence is not easily compared with earlier technical breakthroughs because, unlike inventions such as the computer, the internal combustion engine, the microscope, or the printing press, it does nothing special in itself other than increase the scope of virtually all previous technical breakthroughs.
For example, if the telescope allowed us to probe the depths of space, we were soon overwhelmed by the myriad of celestial bodies whose evolution and interactions we cannot ultimately follow humanly. With an A.I. we can.
This kind of situation can be found in almost every field where large numbers are involved. Biology, human sciences, physics, chemistry, politics, from the infinitely small to the infinitely large, it becomes possible for us to find and create relationships that are beyond human capacity, either in terms of time of realization, capacity of observation, memorization or simply persistence of attention.
Here are some recent applications of A.I., to make us dream or worry.
- Poised - Your personal coach to improve your speaking and presentation. A training gas pedal.
- Reading Progress - A.I. dedicated to learning to read. Great and free
- Cleanup Pictures - Remove any object, defect, person, text from a picture in seconds.
- Craiyon - Generate images from words, concepts, ideas. Primitive but interesting results.
- Designs.AI - A particular aesthetic? Here it is tailored to your needs.
- Dall-e-2 - By Open A.I., generates images from words, concepts, ideas. More sophisticated but moderate results.
- Deep Art Effects
- Transform any photo or image into a particular style
style. Systematized cultural appropriation, Impressive.
- Jasper Art- Creates not only images, but also text, headlines, and takes inspiration from what's "trending" on the internet. Crazy!
- Lensa AI - This app transforms your personal photos the way you want them.
- Magic Eraser - Removes what you want from an image by restoring the background. Create images from ideas.
- Midjourney AI - A rather disturbing art generator.
- Mokker - Photos of your products in different generated environments, with lighting and shading.
- Pebblely - Say what environment you want and your product will be highlighted. Like Mokker
- Stockimg.AI - Generate images, posters, logo, wallpaper, book covers, posters from a primer.
- Dictation.io - Your speech or dictation transcribed into 130 languages and accents, live and online. By Google
- Krisp - Rid your communications of anything that isn't your conversation, live. Impressive.
- Midomi - Hum a song and Midomi will find out what song it is. A service supported by SoudHound
- Murf.AI - Recites your texts in a professional and lively way.
- Prime Voice AI - Copies your voice, your intonations, your flow, your style and makes it say what you want. English only, for now. By EleverLabs. Disturbing.
- SoudHound - Provides voice command interpretation in all kinds of industries and applications.
- Vocal Remover - Algorithm removes the voice from the music frame. Ideal for producing karaoke frames.
- GPT Chat - Ask your question, the A.I. will answer it with all the power of Open AI. Impressive.
- Copy AI - Writes optimized text. Useful for those with a lack of imagination.
- Excel Formula Bot - Turns your text instructions into Excel and Google Sheets formulas. "Summation of columns A and B when column D is before January 1, 2023."
- Friday - Content writing tool, of all kinds.
- Giant Language model Test Room - An IBM Watson tool that uses the same probabilistic logic to tell if a text is generated by an A.I. as the one used to generate it.
- GPT-2 Output Detector Demo - A tool to check if a text was composed by an A.I. An A.I. is too perfect!
- HyperWrite - Writing assistant for Chrome users.
- Jasper Art - Creates text, headlines, but also images and is inspired by what's "trending" on the Internet. Crazy!"
- Lia 27 - An emotionally accommodating but ultimately silly conversational A.I.
- Longshot - Fact GPT - Editorial Assistant. Think Chat GPT, but with sources and citations and a plagiarism checker.
- PepperType - Writes sales-optimized copy.
- Perplexity - A competitor to Chat GPT that is more concise but details its sources.
- Rytr - Email and other copywriting wizard.
- Scalenut - SEO copywriting at the next level, using data from your target domain. Ouch!!
- Shortly - Your assistant copywriter. Out of inspiration? It'll hardly ever appear.
- Talk to books - Ask a question, A.I. will find an answer in millions of books. Different.
- Tome - Tells stories from a primer and can enhance it with equally artificial visuals or videos. Enough to perplex many a creator.
- WriteSonic - Writes about anything, for you.
- Otter - Replay of meetings, conversations...
- Supernormal - Online meeting transcription - A bit invasive, requires our calendar.
- Whisper - Transcribes any speech into text (video, podcast, meeting, radio...) - Open code. Another Open AI service
- AlphaFold - An achievement by DeepMind that clearly shows the potential of A.I. to solve complex problems. Nothing to play with, but a remarkable achievement in biological research: predicting the 3D shape of proteins and their behavior with a high degree of accuracy.
- Wordtune Read - No time to read it all, this A.I. reads for you and summarizes it all. Document submitted and summarized in seconds.
- DeepL - Currently the gold standard, but the competition is getting closer
- Google translation - Ambitious but still lame, 100+ languages
- Assembly AI -
Transcription and analysis of audio and video documents. If you have 10
years of audio or video content to transcribe, this application is
- Make-A-Video - Like Dall-e, but for video. A Meta project.
- Steve AI - Creating videos and animations from sources you choose
- Synthesia -
Videos from your texts. Dozens of avatars with realistic
realistic expressions will read your texts as real people, in several languages.
- Topaz AI - Video editing, restoration, image enhancement
- Wisecut- A.I. assisted video reediting Sound and image...
Illustration: New York by Deep Art Effects
See more articles by this author