Agriculture is more than waving fields of wheat; our ability to grow food from existing natural resources –and without decimating those resources –is key to sustainably feeding the world. In this course, learn about food security worldwide, the effects of malnutrition, how we manage ecosystems that provide food resources and more. You’ll emerge from this course with a clear answer to the question: What can I do to make food consumption and production more sustainable?
This course is for :
- Graduate students and advanced undergraduate students in agriculture, economics, international development and other fields who are learning about the intersectional factors impacting agriculture and food production/consumption
- Nutritionists, agriculture professionals and other practitioners interested in the latest developments in the field
- Sustainable development practitioners –including those who work for international aid organizations and nonprofits in the realms of poverty, nutrition and agriculture – who want to understand the lifecycle of food production and food security
- Private actors , such as those engaging in or investing in social entrepreneurship and the support of local agriculture
What you'll learn
- How the field has developed and shifted over time, and how recent developments like advanced technology impact farming.
- What is food security? How do poverty, inequality and other factors affect the nutrition of not just individuals, but entire countries?
- All about regulations influencing production, trade and other aspects of agriculture.
- Examples from industries ranging from rice to livestock, and the experiences of smallholder farmers.
- Module 1: The global challenges around food
- Module 2: Agriculture at the center of sustainable development
- Module 3: Food systems for nutritional security and better health
- Module 4: Sustainable intensification of agricultural systems – Part 1
- Module 5: Sustainable intensification of agricultural systems – Part 2
- Module 6: Rural development for poverty alleviation
- Module 7: Action for change
To enroll, click here
Photo : Raphael Rychetsky on Unsplash
Learn more about this
See more trainings from this institution