Welcome to Hiring Practices. In this course, you will learn how to develop a strategic plan to attract, recruit and retain employees at every level, from those just entering the workforce through those at the executive level. We will explore each step of the recruitment, selection, and onboarding process, providing a thorough explanation of the uniqueness of the step and its fit and importance within the entire talent lifecycle. Special attention is paid to diversity and inclusion as it relates to each of these steps and how we can successfully harness these most valued practices.
Exploring these processes can be valuable at any level, whether this is an interest you are looking to discover or for a seasoned human resource professional wanting to expand upon an already solid knowledge base. The course combines materials focused on current hiring trends along with over 20 years of real-life practical work examples, providing you with an easy-to-understand format for your hiring practices.
What you'll learn
- Develop a strategic plan for recruiting both exempt and non-exempt positions
- Identify important components of successfully onboarding new employees
- Incorporate diversity and inclusion throughout the recruitment process, highlighting the significance of those elements
- Week 1 - Pre-hire Practices : In this module, we begin with an overall look at hiring practices. We will also familiarize ourselves with the importance of an organization's foundation, enabling you to customize your best recruitment strategy.
- Week 2 - Recruiting Fundamentals : In this module, we will take an in-depth look into the complete recruiting process and how we can best approach it while highlighting the roles that HRIS plays and the incorporation of diversity and inclusion.
- Week 3 - The Hiring Core : In this module, we will discuss effective interviewing skills and identify resources. We will take a look at the Hiring Core , which dives into the heart of recruitment inclusive of interviewing, applicant testing, background versus reference checks, and leads up to the candidate’s offer.
- Week 4 - Onboarding & Assimilation : In this module, we will examine the relationship between recruitment and retention. Successfully onboarding your new employees must go beyond the first day, the first week, and even the first month. Recruitment is useless if you are not able to retain your new talent.
To enroll, click here
Learn more about this
See more trainings from this institution