In this course, you will learn how to use strategic marketing and personal branding techniques for designing, enhancing, and promoting your professional image. Acting as "your own Chief Executive Officer" (P. Drucker), you will learn how to use relationship and network marketing and impression management to showcase your skills to prospective employers, colleagues, supervisors, and other interested parties. This course will help you to:
- Recognize the importance of marketing orientation and career brand building for your career development; use marketing communication strategies for your self-marketing;
- Implement strategic marketing planning for your career development and engage in creating your own strategic self-marketing plan;
- Devise strategies for managing your professional reputation; begin creating your personal brand, and plan steps for strategic personal branding;
- Create personal branding statements, and integrate social networking into your career branding;
- Refine your self-management information system to systematically collect and analyze self-marketing and personal branding related data, select appropriate tools and apply them for a thorough, accurate, evidence-based and data driven self-assessment of your self-marketing and personal branding skills;
- - Develop and implement an effective instrument for displaying your artifacts and monitoring your marketing communications strategies ("The Showcaser") and a realistic performance metric for evaluating your career brand building activities ("The Career Brand Equity Builder").
- Week 1 - Marketing and Branding The Skilled Self : The introductory module takes you through all stages of developing and strengthening the emotional component of your career brand. In this week, you will learn how to use strategic marketing models and techniques for designing and enhancing your professional image. You’ll continue exercising in Career Development Lab and learn how to develop an effective tool (“The Showcaser”) for gathering and organizing artifacts of your mastery in performing critical tasks in your chosen field and then communicating them to target audiences. You will also develop a realistic brand management metric (“The Career Brand Equity Builder”) and learn how to use it for self-marketing and personal branding.
- Week 2 - Self-Marketing Strategies and Tactics : In this week, you will learn how to use marketing communication strategies, such as advertising, promotion, public relations, and direct marketing, for self-marketing. You will implement strategic marketing planning for individual career development and engage in creating your own strategic self-marketing plan and develop strategies for communicating it to perspective employers. You’ll also examine how to create and use digital artifacts to demonstrate your level of proficiency in performing critical tasks related to a particular job. As a result, you’ll enhance your ability to showcase your mastery in performing required soft skills to prospective employers and other interested parties.
- Week 3 - Personal Branding Strategies and Tactics : In this week, you will obtain a more complete understanding of personal branding, engage in creating an effective and unique personal brand, and plan steps and strategies for strategic personal branding. You’ll understand how building a professional image contributes to developing a strong career brand and devise strategies for managing professional reputation and develop an improved understanding of impression management. In addition, you’ll learn how to create personal branding statements and integrate social networking into your career branding.
- Week 4 - Course Review : In this week, you will watch the Course Review video, where we summarize what you have learned throughout the course and entire specialization. You will also take the end-of-the-course survey and the final quiz.
To enroll, click here
Photo : Madrona Rose on Unsplash
Learn more about this
See more trainings from this institution